Friday, November 30, 2007

12 Degrees? And you expect results?

Just got back awhile ago from the College Dems and Republican game. My god. Just a tip next time guys: Have your game at a decent time (when it's light), on a decent field (you know, NOT in front of the Kohl Center.) and when it's not 12 degrees outside.

That being said, the game was a physical one, but much closer than expected. The Republicans pulled out to an early lead, but after two touch downs and a safety, the Democrats began to run away with it. By the end of the first half, the score was 22-15. While "O.K". and his blue bulldozers continued to trounce the self-proclaimed "Patriot" Republicans well into the second half, The CR's came back with a vengeance. Unfortunately, their push came too late. With no timeouts left and no way to stop the Dems on their last possession, the Republicans surrendered to their fate and watched as the Dems ran out the clock.

Final Score: 41-34, Democrats.

That being said, I had barely any idea what I was doing. I'm sure that showed. I was just hoping I didn't have to make any crucial judgment calls.

Speaking of judgment calls, David Lapidus told our reporter, Pedro Oliveria Jr., that he'd be deciding whether or not to run tonight. Everyone I've talked to seems to discuss it like it's a forgone conclusion, and I have to say, I'd be shocked if it turned out any differently from what "insiders" are saying. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

1 comment:

Suchita S said...

Thanks for officiating; it was much appreciated. Rumors say there may be a kickball rematch in the spring... keep it on your radar.

Also, David will be taking the rest of the weekend to decide. The anticipation grows...